WATCH DESIGNER – LADIES WATCHES
(M/F — 100%)
The designer will be responsible for managing various watch design projects. He/she will be involved in all project related interaction with various departments (Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Purchasing, and Suppliers) and is part of the project team.
As the main focus will be the watches, a good understanding of jewellery and ladies watch market, as well as knowledge about stones, precious metals and stones setting techniques are of importance.
This position reports directly to Department Manager Watch Design.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- The watch designer takes design responsibility for individual watches/editions or entire product families of the IWC watch Portfolio, and handles the following aspects of the design process:
- Initial design and market research
- Concept creation (watch and movement aesthetics)
- Design and visualization
- Creation of 3D models and renderings
- Creation of semi-technical drawings and specification drawings
- Development of files for rapid prototyping and prototyping (2D & 3D) presentations
- Academic degree in Industrial Design/ Product Design or other similar design related education
- Minimum of 5 years professional working experience in a similar position , previous experience working for another luxury watch brand is a plus
- Good understanding of IWC branding, brand aesthetics and the luxury design codes
- Good technical understanding of the functionalities of a watch
- Good hand sketching skills are required
- Software knowledge: Adobe CS 5, 3D CAD Software (ideally CREO) as well as rendering software (ideally KEYSHOT)
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Fluent knowledge of German and English
IWC offers a challenging working environment: the company’s roots are in Switzerland,
but it is a successful international player. We maintain our tradition, yet we are always on the lookout for innovations and ways to improve. Change management, education, further training and personal development are therefore of key importance for our long-term success.