6500! That's the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
The Laboratory Head position in Oncology Research that will carry out cutting-edge research in the areas of in vivo pharmacology and molecular imaging together with leading basic research groups within NIBR. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of pharmacology associates performing drug discovery pharmacology activities within oncology biologics, small molecule and other therapeutic modalities. We seek an experienced, motivated and ambitious scientist wishing to continue a successful scientific career in a fast-paced drug discovery environment. The position is based at the Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Research in Basel, Switzerland.
The ideal candidate should have a proven ability to conduct multidisciplinary research in a competitive field and an excellent record of achievements and a strong scientific and industry background with expert knowledge in performing all aspects of pre-clinical pharmacology in rodents from target identification to early clinical development. Hands-on experience in various in-life molecular imaging techniques including uCT, ultrasound and flourescent imaging is required. The successful candidate will have solid expertise with rodent in vivo cancer models and is expected to play a key role in the establishment of novel rodent models in the field of cancer.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead a pharmacology laboratory with expertise in innovative imaging modalities
- Perform efficacy studies with associated PK/PD read-outs and metabolites analysis ex vivo
- Engage in independent research that will lead to innovative findings and novel fundamental insights within the portfolio
- Lead and manage cross-functional projects and external collaborations. Drive the project decision-making process, conceptualize and drive research projects to completion
- Ph.D. in pharmacology, bioengineering, biotechnology or related field
- At least 5 years of industry-relevant experience in drug discovery
- Meticulous, independent and self-motivated personality with a drive to learn new techniques, expand knowledge and take on responsibilities
- The position requires excellent communication skills in English and the motivation to work independently within a global team
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Salaire et avantages
Salaire : according to profile
Référence : 294506BR