The first and most difficult stage of this mission is the autonomous processing of accounting documents. Contrary to popular opinion, Document Extraction is anything but solved. Parashift's AI-based approach delivers results not seen in the industry before.
Our first product, a set of innovative APIs are used by software vendors such as ERP-System makers and document management system providers. Our second product, an accounting document management SaaS, fundamentally changes the way bookkeeping and accounting document handling is done at midsize clients. After an extensive R&D phase, we are now ramping our international business. Parashift is backed by various strong VC investors and was named one of the 10 hottest AI-Fintech startups in Europe by fintechnews.com
Please understand, that we can only accept candidates within a certain geographical range, as a major part of our work style is, that we regularly meet with the team in different places. Also having similar time zones makes things much easier for us. Please only apply if you are within 3 hours flight travel time to Basel (Switzerland), as well as within a maximum of 2 time zones apart.
Your tasks & responsabilities
- We extract data from documents via Machine Learning and verify the extraction process through a small team of people. Work on this application, optimizing our validation workflows or extraction methods.
- Building connectors to various external APIs which we need to implement.
- New products, set up base architecture, and integrate existing modules.
- Improving our infrastructure.
- You might help our support teams and possibly fix bugs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient senior level code by using best software development practices.
- Be comfortable coming into a large codebase and be able to follow existing patterns, conventions, and figuring out how existing code fits and works together. Recommend better ways and discuss this with the team to increase our overall standards.
- Have strong opinions on how software should be produced, but are willing to make compromises when appropriate.
- Provide input, options, and recommendations on software features and system enhancements.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Provide recommendations into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Communicate with the team. Share the problems you have to get help from the team. Share your experience to help the team grow.
- Work according to priorities which have been set by you or your coworkers such that we can rely on your work.
- Expert skills with Ruby, Rails, Postgres, RSpec, Elasticsearch, Redis, RabbitMQ.
- Proficient with Git and Gitlab.
- In-depth knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
- A minimum of 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience.
- Experience using Agile Methodologies and Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Python is a plus. So is Java.
- Flexible working hours
- An "Employees First" Paradigm
- Fair wages
- A great team with ambitious goals
- Great office with good traffic connections
- Development opportunities and freedom
Ready to take on the challenge? Apply directly online. For the sake of the environment, please do not apply in paper form.